155/365 – Security Approved Phone booth Pictures

So.. I have been driving by this falling apart old phone booth for awhile now.  I finally got around to taking pictures of it.. but.. a funny story!

it’s a fairly busy road (mainly trucks) so I pull ahead and park at a nearby business two doors down from this phone booth on the side of the road.  In between the business and booth is a very nice black iron gated house/estate.  I just walk by as that is not what I am interested in.  Next stop – my phone booth.. woohoo.  I start to setup the tripod when I see a black SUV pull out of the gated estate and drive up to me.  A massive security guard gets out of the black SUV and begins to question me… what am I doing, who I am etc.. he decides I am allowed to take pictures of the phone booth and points out everything else I am not allowed to point my camera at.  From there.. he goes back into the black SUV and continues his surveillance of me from the car.  I take a few shots then briskly walk back to the Renault.  As I am walking the black SUV slowly follows behind me until I get into my car and he pulls back into the gated estate.  FUN!

Now.. for the pictures..

153 (1) 153 (2) 153 (3) 153 (4)

I was told he was not allowed to be in a picture.. sorry guys!


3 comments:

Wendy said...

Love, love, love these. Your photography has progressed so much in the past six months! Very inspiring!

Scott Axel said...

Thanks Wendy!

Dirk said...

great shots! and the story. i wonder who was living in that estate. Paul Janssen's widow?

 

Labels

google analytics

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Followers

About

Powered by Blogger.