81/365 – how to shake a house

One very large airplane will do it!  I’ve enjoyed the military plane flyovers quite a bit and never have the camera handy.  My favorite are the fighter jets.  Most of the times all of the planes are too high to see.. all you can do is hear them.  Occasionally they drop below the cloud deck and I think I am watching practice dog fight.  But every now and then they come very close to the ground.  There once was a group of 5 fighters flying in tight formation so close to the ground I could see the different colors on their missiles. 

Today was a busy military day – there were MPs blocking off streets.  Around this time last year while on a bike ride with Morgan I stumbled upon a canal defense training with the Belgian Army.  Lets just say I never made that bike move so quickly after I passed a hidden military Jeep with 4 soldiers outside with machine guns and one soldier in the truck with the anti-tank gun at the ready.  Ha.. I really kicked it into a high gear that day!

This afternoon we had a large 4 prop military cargo plane dive bomb the house, go about 1 kilometer away, sharp banked 270 to left and back over the front of the house.  I unfortunately didn’t get the camera out in time to get the first pass… I wish I did though I don’t think the plane was more than 500 feet of the ground and almost directly over the house.  It shook the house and the ground around me.  When it circled back I got these quick shots.  The 2nd and 3rd pictures aren’t actually that bad though.. click on the pictures to see the larger version.

80_1

80_2

80_3


4 comments:

Dirk said...

is that a C-130?

Our army is always ready to defend the canals from the Germans :-)

Scott Axel said...

We have to worry about those scary Dutch up here! lol

I was trying to find a site of what the airforce currently uses here in Belgium.. but C-130 was my guess too

Dirk said...

Apparently they kept invasion plans to annexe those rebels in the south till well in the 20th century :-)

I know they have A-109, C-130 and F-16, not sure about anything else. We have only a small part of UN or NATO-duties. But our Airforce is in Afghanistan and the Navy in Somalia. All info on the army: www.mil.be!

Toby365 said...

cool, all I see in Columbus is the dirty bird, or ghetto copter.

 

Labels

google analytics

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Followers

About

Powered by Blogger.