Texas Hill Country

The first stop on my weekend getaway was the Texas Hill Country.  I went to Enchanted Rock State Natural Area.  I hiked around the base for about 1 1/2 hours before making my way to the summit.  The final part is climbing 425 vertical feet in less than .6 of a mile up a fairly steep rock face – very neat.  I did make it to the summit but was not very happy with how those pictures came out.

The start of the morning was when the last bit of the cold front was still there – got to see a bit of ice remaining before the temps made it up to 67.

3 (7)

3 (8)

3 (9)

3 (10)

3 (11)

3 (12)

3 (13)

3 (14)

From there I went to Pedernales Falls State Park.  This place was really beautiful.  On the walk to the falls there were many sings warning of flash floods – thankfully none hit while I was there but you could really see what could happen.   I found a YouTube video showing the falls near flood stage (Click to open window).  What a neat place!

3 (16)

3 (17)

3 (18)

3 (19)

3 (20)

3 (21)

3 (22)

Locals recommended a lunch spot for me and it did not disappoint.  Mmmm Beef Brisket plate at a local BBQ place in Fredericksburg, TX

3 (15)


0 comments:

 

Labels

google analytics

Total Pageviews

Followers

About

Powered by Blogger.