178/365 – Buckeye Miata Club Meet

My friend Wendy invited me out to see the Buckeye Miata Club’s autocross day.  I was only almost run over once.. by a new Ford Mustang GT.  I was surprised by how quickly both Wendy and I were able to take pictures, realized the car was coming at us.. and jump out of the way.  Luckily the Mustang had good brakes and stopped about 10 feet in front of us.  I think Wendy got a shot of it head on to us.. I only have him getting ready to painfully miss the cones..  enjoy!

Kind of a lazy editing day today.. I’ve edited the first three but attached some others right out of the camera just for fun…

175 (1) 175 (2) 175 (3)

Here is the Mustang just a second before he tested my reflexes…

175 (4) 

Getting a little better at my panning shots.

175 (5)  175 (7) 175 (8) 175 (9) 175 (10) 175 (11)


5 comments:

Wendy said...

Lookin' good! Love the edits! It was fun meeting up and shooting with you and glad we survived the Mustang! (You should have posted a pic of MY car on your blog... LAME!)

Scott Axel said...

your car is getting it's own post.. it's uploading now!!

Geoffrey said...

Once you have gotten the Miata-virus...

Didn't knew you were heading back to the US so soon. Are you glad to be back "home"?

Greetings from a red Miata-driver from Belgium...;)

Scott Axel said...

If they were only long enough for me to drive them as well!

Thomas was telling me about the Ardennes rally you two went to... had a scary moment with your brakes. Everything okay?

Geoffrey said...

They're pretty small. At first I had some issues with legroom too, but one small (and free!) mod later all is well.

The drive trough the Ardennes was super, but I had some scary moments.
I had fallen a bit behind the group so I was "making progress", when all of a sudden traffic was stationary right behind a fast bend. (luckily I had just seen a sign about roadworks so I had slowed down a bit beforehand)
In the end, I was lucky nobody was coming the other way...would have been pretty close

In hindsight: Don't try to catch up so quick, they'll wait for you. Lesson learned, no doubt

 

Labels

google analytics

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Followers

About

Powered by Blogger.