174/365 – Water

I totally did not intend to buy a new camera so quickly.. but found a no-payment deal I couldn’t pass up.. so.. no break in photography for me.  Got a new D3000 with 18-55 and 55-200 VR lenses.  My initial impressions on the camera is very good.  It has very much the same feel as the D40x (it’s obvious they  built on that platform) but have made some slight improvements.  Menus are a bit easier to navigate and now it has 11 focus points.  Same 10.2 megapixel sensor and a slightly larger review screen.

 

171 (1) 

it was an overcast morning out.. so I was able to get a nice long 1 second exposure without the ND filter.  I wish I had a tripod though.. but.. the smaller version of this picture looks pretty good..

171 (2)


2 comments:

Mel said...

The smokey waterfall is a dreamy image; time stands still with the shutter wide open.

Scott Axel said...

thanks Missy.. I really love playing with exposure settings

 

Labels

google analytics

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive

Followers

About

Powered by Blogger.