Full Moon Stars–Long Exposure

Well.. it was the first not raining night in a long time so I decided I want to do a set of long exposures of stars.  Unfortunately I forgot to check the moon cycle and it was big and bright full moon!  D’oh!!!!  I still had fun. 

Since I knew I was not going to get a good star field I went over to hoover reservoir to shoot. From my neat experience with metal halide lights earlier this year.. I used the lights behind me to really light up the sky.  I then took 55 shots at about 30 seconds each and combined them together.

Combined

It was a very pretty night to do this (and very cold!).  Here is what just one of the shots look like..

DSC_2829

I am looking forward to trying this again when there is not a big, bright full moon!


 

Labels

google analytics

Total Pageviews

Followers

About

Powered by Blogger.